3 May 2011

Recent finds..

So I haven't posted for a few days.. Reason: I couldn't justify sitting down and blogging when my house was such a mess!! True story.. Story of my life! So I had a burst and now, at 12.14 a.m I feel I can be self-indulgent a bit!!

Still managed to fit in a bit of thrifting though.. of course!

Plate (Crown Lynn - a NZ pottery manufacturer which closed in the 80s) . Can't pass by a fab plate like this. 

WE went for a family op-shop the other day - yes all 6 of us!! The kids lasted pretty well for  4 stores and then we had to adjourn to a cafe for a fluffy..
Op Shop Daddy  found and bought this painting..  Very kitsch but we all love it!

If you don't notice the dreadful peeling off wallpaper (courtesy of one of the kids)
it looks pretty good in that spot I recon!
(We'll put some  more WALLPAPER up there one day when the kids are all past the
danger zone for committing such decor atrocities!!)

My new knitting basket. I love plastic wicker work.

Very funky kitsch place mats that are in this original box. This was  $1 which was a bargain!! 

I think I need to find a place on a wall somewhere for these. Love them.

Shoes for Iris.. not very vintage, but so cute!


Must do some collection selection posts soon!

I hope you're all having a happy Autumn/ Spring, depending on which hemisphere you are in!

5 comments:

Judith said...

I don't know about you but I find that if the house looks like a bomb's gone off - friends drop in but if the house is tidy - no visitors.

What's a fluffy?

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Hi! A fluffy is a kid's drink at cafes here in NZ.. basically frothed-up milk with sprinkles on and a marshmallow on the side!!
It's called CHAOS which stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome!!

Anonymous said...

i feel an op shop binge coming on, have been very restrained - did drive past one at the weekend that i'd forgotten about - i must make a list of all the ones i know and compare with you sometime

Cathie said...

i love your finds, especially the placemats.
I got some aswell from the oppie but have no idea what to do with them.

Kate said...

Great finds!
I love the basket the most. I also love the fact that you all went together. What a great way to hang out as a family.