30 April 2011

Five Friday Faves (or maybe Saturday!)

1. FEIJOAS! One of the best things about this time of year.

2. THIS BEACH!! And a lovely Autumn break there..
(Can you see Cuvier Island in the background? - looks like a giant whale - love it!)

...and having the beach all to ourselves. I could watch the kids play all day.. 

3. And speaking of beaches..I stumbled across this amazing blog the other day.. The author collects,  arranges, photographs and makes funky art with non-natural stuff  (ie rubbish) she collects at her local beach.. SO COOL! I remember doing the collecting part when I was younger and the arranging (usually lining it up in rainbow formation), but sadly I never made it to the creating stage!. Also I don't believe there was as much litter.. obviously a lot more to be found these days sadly. Her blogs are fantastic though - check them out. Very inspiring!

4. This WALL of Succulents. On their own I'm not a massive fan - but wowsers!! I'm rocking this idea! It's an actual wall, not a bird's eye view.

5. Romance and fairy-tales? And an event .

And any excuse for a party.

And the only way I got the boys interested was to give them 'fish suppers' (a nod to my London heritage)  which was a great excitement - fish and chips in separate packets, and a can of lemonade from their Nana!! Wow they thought they were in heaven!  They love having dinner off of the tea trays for a treat but this was double, triple happy! I'm sure  Ben10 or something would have been more their viewing choice though!

Iris was there, just in case she ever gets interested in girly girl things in the future, like princesses and weddings. Asleep on my knee - it was hard to get that shot! 

vintage queenie.. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the inspiration, especially the collecting stuff, and that beach, my o my are you lucky!!