25 September 2011

SAVING DAYLIGHT

We put our clocks forward this morning... "SPRING forward, Fall back" as the saying goes.

Spring is evident everywhere right now.

Yesterday was a classic Spring day. Freezing  in the morning, GLORIOUS day.

"Today is A Shorts day" Op Shop Daddy declared! 

I didn't wear shorts, however! It has to be really hot for that!


I have had this skirt literally for years. It was once a maxi, but I am ashamed to say that I morphed  A LOT of maxis into skirts when I was a teenager. Boo hiss!
Any hoo, I wore this one as a dress.


In the photo I am telling Iris to get out of the frame for a second. I TOLD you I can NEVER get a good photo of myself! 

We went to the Spring Fair, held at my niece's school. I love a good fair, me!




This is my very pregnant sister-in-law ( and my niece) who is wearing my favourite EVER preggy dress. She looks a million bucks in it. I should have got a standing up one of her. This is about her due date now. 


Iris trying Candy Floss. She was  quite impressed. And intrigued.

Handmade dress.
Red merino gifted from another sister-in-law.
Everything else op shopped.

My niece Zoe made all these cute things from socks. SO CLEVER!! I am always so stunned by what she comes up with. We bought the blue one in the middle.

Vintage readers. My sister-in-law took these home.
I remember them well!

She was actually having a good time, despite the face. It was a real treat going along just with  her, and not my boy-tribe. I only had to keep my eye on one!



I have been having a great time discovering a lot of hidden treasure that I had TOTALLY forgotten about from the loft at our other house, which I'm FINALLY able to get to.

I will blog about it all when I get the chance..


9 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I love the print of that dress/skirt! Iris's dress is so sweet.

E :)

Vix said...

I want Iris's dress in adult size, it's fabulous! x

Vintage Coconut said...

I like your skirt it's cute.
The spring fair looked fun.
Iris is dressed so adorable!
I like your nieces sock creations. I have two sock monkeys I have to put mouths on. Then they will be done! *woo*

Babajeza said...

What a helpful saying: Spring forward. Fall back. Of course it only works in English. But it helps. So: We will put back our clocks at the end of October. :-)

Mum said...

Sounds like a great day out. Lovely balloon pic. All the best to your sister-in-law.
Love from Mum
xx

Mum said...

Sounds like a great day out. Lovely balloon pic. All the best to your sister-in-law.
Love from Mum
xx

Ella B said...

Everyone loves a good sock creature.

two squirrels said...

Oh the balloon photo is just fabulous it made my heart all happy!!! Happiness!!!

two squirrels said...

Oh the balloon photo is just fabulous it made my heart all happy!!! Happiness!!!