29 September 2011

recent finds

I went to the dump shop yesterday. It is always crammed with stuff, but has an extremely high turnover.. especially in the Springtime!

It was worth the trip.

I do wish people would donate their things to charity (op shops) rather than the dump, mind you. I believe the shop is privately owned.. but I might be wrong.

This is what I got:



Completely kitsch mounted canvas photo. I was smitten with this! So weird I love it. It is now on the wall in Gilly's bedroom.

I now have 6 of these exact pillow cases! These ones appear to be brand new. $1 the pair.

Find of the day.. Genuine marimekko retro fabric. This is folded both ways.... so is twice as wide and twice as long.  $4

Shirt. $1


How can anyone chuck this out?! Got this for $5. 

John is in love with this!



I shall do a new post tomorrow with more on my recent finds from home.. but here's preview!




Linking this post up to Virginia and the other thriftaholics!


have a lovely Friday!!!
xx



13 comments:

Max said...

OMG, I love all of it! there is not a thing there that I would have left behind, but the marimekko fabric, MARIMEKKO!!!! Far out! I'm wearing a thrifted marimekko dress as I type, I'm a marimekko nut-what you gonna make with it lucky finder? x

Tammi said...

Goodness you scored well!! I absolutely love that sun lounger..it is so fab :) That fabric is pretty groovy too.

x

owlinalarkworld said...

The thought of someone throwing out that shirt makes me lose hope in humanity.

Camelia Crinoline said...

Marimekko fabric from the dump shop? Amazing! That sun lounger is fabulous. Sometimes I can't believe the things people throw away.

lasophia said...

Wow! Those are great finds. I would totally hang that up in my room, I mean my kids room.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I live on the wrong damn continent! I think I'm a bit in love with your sun lounger too. Who throws these things away?

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Ahhh all those prints are calling my name! I wish there was a tip shop near me. I especially love the pieces hanging on the line.

E :)

Nelly said...

I get so annoyed at what gets taken to the dumps!! Last week they had about 4 boxes unpacked with exercise equipment and he said they had more at the larger dump in town,Takes as much effort to take it all to the oppies I know.
You sure must have a great dump shop ours is ever so sad but I always find something each time I go.Last week was a near new Thomas train track floor rug $3.

Misfits Vintage said...

OMG! The marimekko! The fancy-arsed lawn chair! AND THE PSYCEHEDLIC PINK MAXI ON THE CLOTHES LINE! Fabulous.

Sarah xxx

Vix said...

Lost for words! Oh good god, it's all so fabulous, you have a great eye.
My Jon would fight your John for that retro lounger. x

Vintage Coconut said...

Oh my heck did you ever score well!
The teddy pic is so weird it's cute.
I love the pillow cases (I bet thse ones give off wonderful happy dreams!)
OOOOHH That fabric is gorgeous!
I love the shirt print it reminds me of wonder bread.
The sun lounger is AWSOME!

Zara said...

Wow you found so many great treasures. The vetro fabric is amazing. x

The Joyful Thrifter said...

cooool finds!!! Love the chair!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter