8 July 2013

McLeod and McDonald/ Tits on a Bull

I found some fantastic wall decoration today.

Two totally different styles.

Both signed by the artists.

All very fanciable in my opinion.

First was this cute pair of watercolour flower paintings..

I love the frames and how she's added little colour-matched bows..

Both by Myrtle McDonald from Wellington, 1975.

And three years later, M.J.A. McLeod  created my new favourite thing.
I was instantly attracted by his/her needlepoint of these 2 colourful kitsch creatures.

See the tits?
I think I'll have to permanently hang it on a pink background (this is the toilet room wall)

M.J.A. McLeod, thanks!!



HER ? 
HIM.

(I have loads of booty to share - just breaking it up a bit!!)

Linking this one up to

Blackbird Has Spoken, Op Shop SHow-off


11 comments:

Max said...

both of those are ace! like you i love the attention to detail of the watercolours, the matching ribbons are so pretty; and the needlepoint is total rad-ness in a frame!
excellent to have you linking in op-shop queen x

Sue said...

How gorge is the embroidered one! Love thecolours and the tits of course.

nancyworegreenstockings said...

Your new art is so fab! I love all three.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Must say I'm more drawn to the sweet prints then the bulls!

Mariela said...

The bulls are pretty cool. Tits and all.

pastcaring said...

Embroidered tits - how fabulous! You can tell she is the heiffer, even without the tits, because she has flowers on her horns. And eye shadow. See, M.J.A. McLeod knew his/her stuff about cattle! Great find, Linda! xxxx

Heidi Ann said...

Those are FABulous! I am totally loving those bulls! What wonderful finds!

laura sampson said...

are they bulls? or I guess cows? wow I love them!

Julie - Slice in the Life of Julie said...

They are awesome! You've done better than me this week. I managed 3 pairs of socks for The Girl in my op-shopping missions this week. But they were brand new.

Jane George said...

oh iu want those bulls! Loving embroidered tits...though it took me ages to cotton on to what you meant! I was searching the background for boobies!!! LOL that pink thing on the door handle i wondered if it was a bra and then your wrist in shot i pondered if you had the oddest shaped boobs in the world and was perplexed and then i noticed the picture! duuuuh! Great minutes worth of entertainment though...sopt the boobs! (if it is your boob in shot then forgive my rudeness!) x

Jane George said...

ok forgive all the typos! My typing has become distracted by the boob hunting...obviously! xxxx