8 July 2013

McLeod and McDonald/ Tits on a Bull

I found some fantastic wall decoration today.

Two totally different styles.

Both signed by the artists.

All very fanciable in my opinion.

First was this cute pair of watercolour flower paintings..

I love the frames and how she's added little colour-matched bows..

Both by Myrtle McDonald from Wellington, 1975.

And three years later, M.J.A. McLeod  created my new favourite thing.
I was instantly attracted by his/her needlepoint of these 2 colourful kitsch creatures.

See the tits?
I think I'll have to permanently hang it on a pink background (this is the toilet room wall)

M.J.A. McLeod, thanks!!



HER ? 
HIM.

(I have loads of booty to share - just breaking it up a bit!!)

Linking this one up to

Blackbird Has Spoken, Op Shop SHow-off


11 comments:

Max said...

both of those are ace! like you i love the attention to detail of the watercolours, the matching ribbons are so pretty; and the needlepoint is total rad-ness in a frame!
excellent to have you linking in op-shop queen x

Sue said...

How gorge is the embroidered one! Love thecolours and the tits of course.

nancyworegreenstockings said...

Your new art is so fab! I love all three.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Must say I'm more drawn to the sweet prints then the bulls!

Mariela Santillan said...

The bulls are pretty cool. Tits and all.

Curtise said...

Embroidered tits - how fabulous! You can tell she is the heiffer, even without the tits, because she has flowers on her horns. And eye shadow. See, M.J.A. McLeod knew his/her stuff about cattle! Great find, Linda! xxxx

Heidi Ann said...

Those are FABulous! I am totally loving those bulls! What wonderful finds!

Laura said...

are they bulls? or I guess cows? wow I love them!

Julie - Slice in the Life of Julie said...

They are awesome! You've done better than me this week. I managed 3 pairs of socks for The Girl in my op-shopping missions this week. But they were brand new.

Unknown said...

oh iu want those bulls! Loving embroidered tits...though it took me ages to cotton on to what you meant! I was searching the background for boobies!!! LOL that pink thing on the door handle i wondered if it was a bra and then your wrist in shot i pondered if you had the oddest shaped boobs in the world and was perplexed and then i noticed the picture! duuuuh! Great minutes worth of entertainment though...sopt the boobs! (if it is your boob in shot then forgive my rudeness!) x

Unknown said...

ok forgive all the typos! My typing has become distracted by the boob hunting...obviously! xxxx