22 December 2011

Festive Frenzy

Summer is here.. CORN COBS! Yum!
Actually it's not. I'm not really stressed. Busy, but not stressed. 
Christmas is for the kids. That's the thing about it - it's SO exciting for them. And we don't have enough festival action in our western lives I recon.. so we make it a yearly ritual. Traditions.


I thought I'd put some photos up of what's been going on.. as I am one of those people that like to get rid of Christmas on about the 26th if I have the energy! I HATE seeing Christmas related stuff around in the new year..


So..



JOhn gave these to the kids in his class on the last day.. Cute.

TREES AT THE METEOR.. a fantastic event here in Hamilton. Basically as art exhibition - decorate/make a tree. AMAZING every year is utterly entertaining..
This tree won the overall prize - it was called MARBELLS and kids could roll ball bearings down the flowers and it made a tubular bells effect.. Very cool. Iris hung out there for literally an hour.

And this is where my boys hung out for ages! A lego diorama. Such a cool carnival scene. NZers - the white carriage had a ghost selling 'ghost chips' Classic.

Loved this one made of jeans.

The Giving Tree. Op shopped stuffed toys.

This one was called SOCIAL COMMEN-TREE. 

Kids with their free hot chocolates!

There was a great slide show with loads of classic paintings featuring captions like this. Theme of the whole thing was Compassion vs Consumption.


With my family this year (my siblings etc) we are doing MAKE, BAKE, SEW, GROW for presents, so that it what I'm trying to get finished. I leave things to the last minute. It's how I get things done!


Hope YOU'RE all enjoying the festive frenzy and making merry!







5 comments:

Mum said...

I have enjoyed reading your festive post and loved the 'giving tree'. What a great idea. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Love from Mum
xx

Vintage Coconut said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
=D

two squirrels said...

Oh I just love the family giving idea!!! Perfect.
Wishing you and your gorgeous family the most wonderful Christmas filled with love and happiness!
Love V

Ella B said...

Sweet family picture.
Comment-tree was puntastic.
I hope it was a relaxing day for you.

Ella B said...

Sweet family picture.
Comment-tree was puntastic.
I hope it was a relaxing day for you.