1 January 2012

SNAP SHOTS

I never seem to get a chance to get on here and put up a post.. must be the holidays!
So I am going to roll several posts into one here.. Well I'll just put a few snap shots in.. I haven't been dedicating myself to photo taking lately. Too much to do! Too hot!


MAKE BAKE SEW GROW
I got a couple of PMs asking what I made for the people I had to make bake sew or grow for (that's how we did our presents this year - it was great)
So here are 4 of them. I also made my oldest nephew Josh some freezer meals as he has just left home.. We pull names randomly out of a hat to work out who to give to. As I have 4 kids, we had 4 kids to give to, plus one couple..  


We had lights just like this when we were kids.. This was for my sister and BIL

Flower Fairies for one of my nieces.

This was for Isla to put her hair clips on (the ribbon) and I put a loop in the ribbon at the bottom to hook her hair bands in. 

Macaroons that ended up looking a bit like psychedelic hamburgers. Hmm. 



CHRISTMAS DAY
I will not bore you with Christmas photos.. just 4! We had a great day. Usual morning excitement for the kids, following on from the night before excitement!
We hosted Christmas day festivities here at our place. 


I FINALLY resisted, after a lot of  hinting, asking and pining, and got them NERF guns. They have entertained themselves endlessly ever since, shooting the foam bullets at targets and windows, Which has been quite good actually as it has rained solidly here for 3 or 4 days. 

Challenge: arranging seating for 33 people of all ages, shapes and sizes!



Iris + christmas pie + one of nephews on christmas eve at my sister's house



I have enjoyed having a quick gawk at everyone else's festivities. What a great time of the year!
I will try to dedicate myself to more blog posts in 2012!
I am writing this one at 4am as that is when I can get on here for any length of time!
+ I can't sleep (it's a pregnancy thing!)

Happy Days!

6 comments:

Mum said...

So glad you had a great time. All the best for 2012.
Love from Mum
xx

Vix said...

Happy New Year! Those home made goodies are wonderful especially the felt fairy lights, just genius!
Great Xmas pics and congrats on the pregnancy. xxx

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I love the lights! The tables with all the different coloured tablecloths looked so cool! I hope to see more of you in 2012.xx

two squirrels said...

The tables for Xmas dinner are just fantastic!!!
Love love the wee kids table!!!
Know sleep here either, it's a earthquake thing!!! Tee hee
Happy new year to you and your loved ones.
V

Unknown said...

Number five on the way? Congratulations!

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE those tables/chair/tablecloths/umbrellas - it looks so colourful and festive!

Hope you have a wonderful 2012.

Sarah xxx

Ella B said...

Loving the mish mash of umbrella's and tablecloths. Looks exactly like Christmas to me.