1 December 2011

My Mum





Yesterday (1st December) was the day my Mum died, 10 years ago.
I didn't think it would affect me as much as it did, yesterday. After all, it's just another day in 10 years..

I was fine until I went into an op shop and a song came on the radio that reminded me of her.
And that was it for me.


Not a great photo of any of us.. but never mind.. 

About 5 weeks before she died. She looks unwell, but was managing a smile, bless her heart.



When I got home I looked on facebook and saw lovely memory messages from my two aunties (Mum's sisters) and one of them had changed her profile pic to one of Mum, in memory.
That pretty much finished me off. It all felt so raw and such a greyness hung over me all day.

I pretty much cried all day, on and off.



I love this quote. It has helped me through times such as this. 



" .. love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign.. to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone,will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin."
(From Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling) 











(Sorry about the misery - next post will be cheerful, I promise!)




9 comments:

Helga said...

O,darling.I hear you.It was 10 years for my Mum at the end of July,11 years for my Dad early October.
You never get over it,you just learn to endure,I think.Some moments are just harder than others.
She looks lovely!Amazing things,Mums.And you're one too,so you must be amazing!
XXX

Ella B said...

This is a lovely commemoration.

Babajeza said...

This is a wonderful quote.

I've never thought about it that way. Although I don't see my mother that often I often think of her how she shaped me. Now I can see it: her love is in my skin. I love that picture.

I truly believe that sad days are a part of our life we shouldn't fight or deny. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

About 10 years ago my baby boy died when he was 7 weeks old (his birthday is on the 7th) and unfortunatelly I have no words to talk about it as much as I would like to.

Unknown said...

Big hugs from me, love. My Mum's been gone 16 years and it has never gotten any easier - I'm just better at faking it.

Sarah xxx

one denim bird said...

Sending warm and fuzzie vibes across the ditch! Mum's are too special for words.

Dee xox

Vix said...

It's been 18 months for me so still pretty raw. Your mum looked lovely, she had a beautiful smile. x

Mum said...

Hugs from me. It's good to remember.
Love from Mum
xx
I've left you a little award on my blog. Hope it will make you smile a little. Take care.
xx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

She was beautiful. And so is your post x

two squirrels said...

Sending you a furry big squirrel hug!!!! Love to you V