8 February 2013

Back



Well that was quite a break!

We've had a brilliant summer.

BUT THEN
something happened that rocked my world..
My friend's daughter had an accident and is in Starship (children's hospital)
with a broken body
Literally.

There is still a bit of hope she could walk again, 
but for now she is learning to live a very different kind of life, with no feeling from her chest down.

I just didn't feel like blogging.
Out of respect.
Plus I'm overwhelmed with sadness and awe, 
 disbelief and 
blown away by what my friend and her girl (and the rest of the family)
have been forced to go through.

It's incredible.


But here I am.
And life is going on.
And blogging will now recommence..

..Although this continues to occupy my mind a lot, and love and strength are being sent out and up to Starship from me and so many others..

I feel incredibly lucky.


*
*


In no particular order:
WE HAVE BEEN...



At 'our' amazing beach. (I haven't photo- shopped this!!! The colours were amazing)

Quite possibly my fav beach photo.

Been hanging at home quite a lot.

Been fishing.

Been room re-arranging
 
(This type of things takes SUCH a long time with my bunch of kids. Epic)

Been ticking things off our Summer-List-of-Things-to-do.
Lemon Meringue Pie - check.

Been watching babies a baby grow. 

Been packing/unpacking the car. Sans trailer!  I.n.s.a.n.e.

Been celebrating
and hanging out with cousins. Gold.

Lemonade Stand - check.

Just hanging out together.

Been to 'the mount' ..

So here I am.

And I'll be catching up on blogs - looking forward to it...

And I DO have op shop posts to share.. hopefully soon.

Hope you're all happy and healthy .












14 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

News of your dear wee family friend sent shivers down my spine. I'm so terribly sorry to hear that such a young life has been turned upside-down. If there is anything that would brighten up the little lassie's days then would the family mind an anonymous blogger weirdo like me to keep a look out for treasures for her on my travels? Your family summer looks glorious, the colours of the sea and little island outcrops are so rich and beautiful and I gasped at the sight of your gorgeous rose carpet - wow, I remember when it seemed every house had that style of carpet except for ours, when I was a kid. And I can totally appreciate the ENORMOUS task of cleaning the kids' rooms - the one in the pic looks divoooooooon!!!! Big hugs, Desiree xoxoxo

Miss Simmonds Says said...

That's an utterly terrible thing to happen to anyone but when you know them I can imagine that the sadness is magnified. It looks like despite everything you had a dreamy summer, full of colour... That beach! And fun. Love that psychedelic baby grow! Xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh honey I'm so sorry about your friends little one. I'm sending love and healing across the oceans. I've been thinking of you a wondering if you would make a return and return you have. You look to of have had a wonderful summer, gorgeous, gorgeous pics. The kids room looks so inviting a lovely. Oh and could you swing some of that pie this way please mama?

Mum said...

So sad to hear about your friend's daughter. Hugs from across the world to Starship travellers.
Love from Mum
xx

Curtise said...

I was just thinking about you, Linda, and wondering where you had got to. What a terrible thing to happen to your friend's little girl, my heart goes out to the family. I am sure you will offer them all whatever support you can.
I can imagine that blogging has not been uppermost on your mind, but it IS good to have you back. Such lovely photos of your family's summer shenanigans, and wow! that is am amazingly tidy bedroom, I am seriously impressed! xxxxx

Truly Myrtle said...

Oh dear, my heart goes out to your friend and her daughter - how scary for them. No wonder you didn't feel like blogging.
Nice to have you back though - ah, that NZ summer.... gotta get me some someday soon :)

Vintage Coconut said...

Very sorry to hear about your friends little one.
I hope she makes a full recovery.

Gad to have you back. Your pictures are lovely. Your kids are growing so fast. That fish your sons holding almost looks cartoonish. (It's so blinking cute!) "You know me I love sea life.... and recently have started loving fish even more too" *hahaah*

bonsaimum said...

Your back--woooohooooo. Looks like you had a great break. So sad about your friend's daughter. Sending lots of good wishes to her.

Penny-Rose said...

Its good to have you back but I am so sad to read about your friend's daughter. Just wondering how old she is as I have a lot of books my 11yo has grown out of and I would love to send them to you to give to her. You can email me and let me know. Your summer beach looks like heaven I really must get to the NI sometime. Best of all I love your header photos - classic and so cute!!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Cyber (((hugs))) to you and heartfelt wishes for your friends. What a bastard of a thing to happen but they still have her, broken but alive ♥ Good to see you back.

Ernie's Mum said...

Oh how awful and so scary. It makes us all realise how lucky we are too. Lovely beach photos and the room rearrangement looks awesome. I know how long these things can take. Take care.

Unknown said...

Oh no. Your poor friend and her family and that poor poor girl. I wish, with every cell of my body, that she recovers and recovers well and quickly. Please give a little hug from me.

Your pics are beautiful Your beach is amazing and your children are so beautiful.

Sarah xxx

CityScape Skybaby said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's little girl, I hope she's making good progress. It's always so horrible to hear of children being hurt, I can't imagine what the family must be going through. Sending them all my best wishes. xx

The Magic Fix said...

I'm so sorry about your friends child, I really hope things are ok for them. Is there anything we can do to help?
On a happier note, the lemonade stand is sooooooooooo cool, if we lived close by, you would sell out with one family!!! Once our little friends across the street, opened a street store like this and we bought up all their seashells, sticks and stones for a song! Love a bargain, don't you?!!