20 September 2014

Stan the Man

I am still here!
Blogging has momentarily taken a backseat as I navigate through a busy and adventurous journey with our wee Stanley Man. I will make a return to blogging (and op shopping!) when I finally get used to the 'new normal'... but I have had some peeps asking where we are at right now...

Stan is 6 1/2 weeks. We have spent 4 days in total at home with him, and the rest of the time has been spent in the hospital.

He has had a few things going on, but he is a little champ.
After 3 weeks in NICU we came home for a weekend and the kids were so stoked! They love him..
but we went back in a couple of days later for nearly 2 weeks..
3 days later we were back in - this is him during last week. He has had a bit of a bumpy road.

The main thing is how tough it has been logistically - working things with the other kids and John working.
But we have been humbled and amazed by how much support we have had. A huge network of beautiful people and such thoughtful acts of kindness for us this whole time...
It has been mind-blowing..

We are looking forward to Stan getting well enough to come home.. his siblings miss him!

Thank you for the lovely comments and emails after my last post.

I hope to get back to blog reading again soon too!!

Happy Days to you all.
Linda

12 comments:

Unknown said...

He is a wonderful little chap x

Sarah Jane said...

Oh Linda he's so beautiful. My heart goes out to you all truly. Sending love and cuddles for your little man. and to the rest of you of course xxx

Curtise said...

Stan is such an adorable boy! What a cutie. I'm so sorry he's had health issues which have kept him in hospital, Linda, and I can only imagine how heart-rending that has been. Also the logistical nightmare...
But I'm truly heartened to hear that your lovely friends have been helping out. I really believe that people want to help when times are tough, they want to contribute and do whatever they can to make life a little easier, and that restores your faith in humanity, doesn't it?
Of course his sibs love and miss him, and with a bit of luck, he'll be home very soon.
Go Stan the Little Man! xxxx

Melanie said...

Stan is such an adorable baby. I feel bad that he and your family are going through these troubles but also heartened by the outpouring of support you have received. It's great to know he is receiving the best of care. I hope you are getting enough rest yourself and that Stan comes home soon!

Jill said...

Guess I missed your previous post - your new little boy is a dear, hoping everything brightens up soon for you and your family. Oh and congratulations!

Sue said...

Stan is beautiful Linda. Your friends have been wonderful to you and your family because of you. I bet you have done things for all of them when they have needed a helping hand. All the best with wee Stan and look forward to catching up with you both one day.

Jasmine said...

He is beautiful! Sending lots of love your way

bonsaimum said...

Thinking of you and Stan. :)

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

Big hugs to you and your sweet little baby boy!!!

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Oh he is simply delicious. How hard for you all with so few days spent at home. I hope Stan's health issues are stabilized...so scary with such a tiny bub. I've been thinking of you & wondering how you were but didn't want to pry as I assumed things must be hectic! Xx

Kylie said...

I hope Stan gets well enough to return home to his family (where he belongs) asap. You poor sausages! I bet you don't know if you're Arthur or Martha at the moment with all that hospital to and fro-ing. Take care Linda.

p.s.he is VERY cute!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little guy! xoxo